Wake Up Maggie™ by Organic 3
- Combines three different kinds of elemental magnesium (magnesium orotate, magnesium taurinate and magnesium malate) in equal amounts. This balanced mix of magnesium maximizes the benefits and minimizes potential problems associated with taking too much of one type of magnesium.*
- Includes the element boron (as bororganic glycine), shown to help with magnesium absorption and the maintenance of strong bones.*
- Gives you 200 mg of magnesium and 1.5 mg boron with every serving (4 capsules) along with taurine, malic acid and orotic acid.
- Contains the purest, highest quality forms of magnesium available in a vegetarian capsule.
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Is free of common allergens; does not contain milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, yeast or soy.
- For best results, we recommend using Wake Up Maggie™ in combination with Organic 3’s bedtime magnesium supplement, Good Night Maggie™.
Why Wake Up Maggie™?
Magnesium is key to over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. Here are some benefits of Wake Up Maggie™ capsules:
- Supports heart health, healthy blood pressure and blood vessel elasticity;
- Supports brain function and mood;
- Helps maintain optimal digestion (best when taken with a meal);
- Helps keep muscles and nerves relaxed; and
- Supports ATP production for energy and endurance.*
As you can see, by keeping your magnesium levels healthy is key:
- It regulates movement of the charged calcium ions, helping your body regulate its electrical currents. This keeps the nerves, brain and heart operating in top form.*
- Thanks to this same influence on calcium, magnesium is a powerful partner for healthy circulation. It helps prevent platelet congregation, regulates calcium deposits throughout the body and directs the production of the vasodilator nitric oxide.*1
- As a necessary part of the production of ATP, your body’s energy currency, it keeps you energized and relaxed.
- Magnesium is integral in building protein.
- It regulates neurotransmitter production, including neurotransmitters that help us drift off into sleep or feel alert.*
- It seems to help support a positive mood and reduce anxiety.*2
- Magnesium works together with boron (another ingredient in Wake Up Maggie™) to keep your bones strong.*3
- Necessary for the production, function and transport of insulin, magnesium influences your body’s blood sugar levels.*4
- People with higher magnesium levels tend to have lower levels of C-reactive protein (CRP), an indicator of inflammation throughout the body.*5
However, an estimated one third of adults don’t get the magnesium we need from our diets. Nuts, leafy greens, beans, seeds, avocado and – yes – unprocessed dark chocolate - are all high in this mineral. But even when we eat these magnesium-rich foods, because of a depletion of soil minerals, they still can provide us with less than we need.
So supplementation has become key to restoring magnesium levels.
However, even supplementing can be tricky …
Get a balanced mix of magnesium to enjoy its full range of benefits
Once you start looking into magnesium supplementation, you’ll discover there are nearly a dozen different forms. An ion, magnesium binds with a variety of other minerals and molecules to create salts or chelates.
Many people take only one kind of magnesium. And when they try to take larger amounts, it can cause digestive discomfort, like loose bowels.
That’s why Organic 3, Inc. created Wake Up Maggie™. Organic 3 customers had been asking for a magnesium supplement that gave them different forms of magnesium, and that didn’t come with any down sides. After extensive research, the folks at Organic 3 found the perfect solution:
Wake Up Maggie™:
- Combines three different high quality forms of magnesium in equal (elemental) amounts (magnesium taurinate, magnesium orotate and magnesium malate) so your body can get full advantage of magnesium’s benefits sans the potential problems.*
- Gives you pure magnesium molecules. You get is the mineral you need, and the helpful molecules that bind with it.
- Gives you boron, a key cofactor in magnesium reactions.
Here are the specific forms of magnesium you’ll get in Wake Up Maggie™ . . .
Magnesium Taurinate: Moves magnesium right into your cells
Magnesium taurinate with the amino acid taurine may be a nutritional “match made in heaven,” according to medical columnist to the Austin Chronicle, Dr. James Heffley, MD. *6
Your body uses taurine to transport magnesium into the body. So with magnesium taurinate, you’ve already got a ready-made-package designed to get magnesium right into your cells.
But that’s not all of the advantages … Just like magnesium, taurine seems to:
- Help your heart beat steadily and keep blood pressure even;
- Keep nerves from getting overexcited;
- Steady your emotions and keep your brain performing at your best;
- Keep your cells responsive to insulin;
- Help your muscles work longer and harder;
In fact, according to epidemiological evidence discussed in the Journal of Biomedical Science, taurine may ultimately help you live longer!*7
Magnesium taurinate clearly gives you plenty of benefits. But it’s only one of the three forms of magnesium in Wake Up Maggie™ . . .
Magnesium Orotate: Beloved by heart patients and athletes for its endurance factor
Magnesium orotate is a salt combining magnesium with orotic acid, a natural substance found throughout the body and in dairy products.
Orotates are magnificent when it comes to transporting minerals into the cells. Unlike many other mineral salts, magnesium orotate doesn’t release the magnesium ion upon entering the cell. It holds onto it and delivers it right to the membrane within each cell that the magnesium is being used.
As a result, magnesium orotate is extremely well absorbed with very little of the magnesium ion going to waste.*
On its own, orotate and orotic acid are excellent supplements when it comes to improving your body’s access to energy. But when combined with magnesium – as a number of studies show - it gets even better . . .
Magnesium orotate helps speed up nucleic acid (DNA and RNA) synthesis and tissue repair.*8 Essential for hard working muscles like your heart.
- When supplementing with magnesium, orotate Dr. Hans Niepper demonstrated that when taken regularly over a 15 month period, magnesium orotate was effective in improving the elasticity of 60 out of 64 patients’ blood vessels.*9
- Clinical research published in the International Journal of Cardiology confirm its effectiveness in supporting excellent heart health.*10
When it comes to exercise, magnesium orotate is a powerful ally …
- In one study, magnesium orotate was taken by 23 competitive triathletes. After supplementing with magnesium orotate for 4 weeks, they did 380 meter swim, a 20 kilometer bike ride and a 5 kilometer run. Each of the athletes saw a significant improvement in exercise performance and a drop in markers of stress.*11
The results of this study are impressive. But you don’t have to be a professional athlete to enjoy its benefits…
- When researchers gave 3 grams magnesium orotate on a daily basis to coronary heart disease patients for four weeks, the participants increased their therapy exercise duration by a noteworthy 21%!*12
Finally, magnesium malate rounds out Wake Up Maggie’s™ magnesium benefits . . .
Magnesium and Malic Acid: Boost energy, support muscles
It’s pretty well known that magnesium helps with routine muscle cramps.* Epsom salts, rich in magnesium, have been grandma’s tried-and-true solution for aching limbs.
But what’s lesser known is how malic acid can help with generally sore muscles. Here’s why:
Like magnesium, malic acid helps the body produce ATP – both when there’s oxygen around and when there isn’t. But here’s where things get interesting… Malic acid levels also seem to trigger when your body switches over to anaerobic (without oxygen) energy production.
When malic acid levels are low, your body switches over to anaerobic energy production much sooner. And guess what? During the anaerobic phase, you tend to experience cramping and soreness. So simply by getting more magnesium and malic acid, you can help your muscles relax and stay energized instead of crampy and tired.
Drs. Guy E. Abraham and Jorge D. Flechas proved magnesium malate’s soothing impact on cramped muscles with clinical research. They recruited people who were having muscle pain and cramps. When the participants took magnesium malate for a period of eight weeks, the results were astonishing.
By the halfway mark – four weeks – their muscle soreness had been reduced by half. At eight weeks, it was down to a third of what it had been originally. And some of the participants were pleased to see an improvement in as little as 48 hours.*13
Magnesium malate keeps your ATP production up and your body energized. And when you add Wake Up Maggie’s™ last component, it gets even better ...
Boron: Supports bone health*
Finally, to make sure you can make the most of these different forms of magnesium, the folks at Organic 3 added boron.
Human studies have demonstrated that boron and magnesium work together to improve bone density. They both impact your body’s ability to assimilate calcium into building strong bones. And a deficiency in either can magnify a deficiency in the other mineral.*14
Boron is best taken earlier in the day. Its inclusion in the formulation is another reason why we recommend for best results, you take this supplement in the morning or mid-afternoon, not before bed.
Wake Up Maggie’s™ companion magnesium supplement, Good Night Maggie™, is better for a bedtime magnesium supplement.
Take Wake Up Maggie™ each day and see for yourself!
As you can see, Wake Up Maggie™ gives you a balanced and powerful combination of magnesium.
With this mix, you can get the magnesium you need - without the problems sometimes associated with magnesium supplementation.
And it’s easy to take in convenient capsule form.
Please note to maximize absorption, you can take magnesium a few times over the course of the day.
You can take Wake Up Maggie™ alone. But for best results, we recommend you take Wake Up Maggie™ in the morning and the afternoon. And then round the day off with Organic 3’s bedtime magnesium supplement, Good Night Maggie™.
By combining the two supplements, you’ll get five different forms of magnesium and get magnesium throughout the day. The way your body uses it best.
1 Dean C. The Magnesium Miracle, Random House: New York, 2007. p. 21
2 Dean, p. 41
3 Nielsen FH. Studies on the relationship between boron and magnesium which possibly affects the formation and maintenance of bones. Magnes Trace Elem. 1990; 9(2):61-9.
4 Dean, p. 124
5 Dean, p. 105
6 Heffley J. To Your Health column. The Austin Chronicle. January 27, 2006. Viewed 4/12/17 at http://www.austinchronicle.com/columns/2006-01-27/329491/
7 Yamori Y et al. Taurine in health and diseases: consistent evidence from experimental and epidemiological studies. Journal of Biomedical Science. 2010; 17(Suppl 1):S6.
8 Rosenfeldt FL. Metabolic supplementation with orotic acid and magnesium orotate. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 1998 Sep;12 Suppl 2:147-52.
9 Nieper HA. Capillarographic criteria on the effect of magnesium orotate, EPL substances and clofibrate on the elasticity of blood vessels. Agressologie. 1974;15(1):73-7. Available as article #CM19 from the A. Keith Brewer International Science Library at (608) 647-6513 or on the Web.
10 Stepura OB et al. Magnesium orotate in severe congestive heart failure (MACH). Int J Cardiol. 2009 May 1;134(1):145-7.
11 Golf SW et al. On the significance of magnesium in extreme physical stress. Cardio.Drug.Ther. 1998, 12: 197-202.
12Geiss KR et al. Effects of magnesium orotate on exercise tolerance in patients with coronary heart disease. Cardio.Drug.Ther, 1998, 12: 153-156.
13 Abraham G E, Flechas JD. Management of Fibromayalgia: Rationale for the Use of Magnesium and Malic Acid. Journal of Nutritional Medicine 1992; 3: 49-59.