Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 to 10 minutes
- 2 cups raw milk (or full fat milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tablespoon Honey Pacifica Sage Honey*
- ½ teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract
- Optional: Pure7 80% Dark cacao bar for shavings
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan.
- Whisk in the cacao powder, Sage Honey and vanilla extract, until all lumps are removed from the cocoa.
- Optional: Pour into your blender and pulse until your cocoa is frothy.
- For extra chocolatey goodness, add some Pure7 80% Dark chocolate shavings atop.
- Serve warm.
*Add more or less honey, depending on how sweet you and your loved ones enjoy your cocoa.
Hot cocoa variations
- To make Mexican hot cocoa with a kick: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt to the recipe above.
- To make chai spice hot cocoa: Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon ginger and a pinch of cardamom to the recipe above.
- To make peppermint hot cocoa: Add ½ teaspoon peppermint extract to recipe above.
- To make coconut almond hot cocoa: Use recipe above (with coconut milk as an option for a base) and add ½ teaspoon almond extract and a tablespoon of Dua Dua Coconut Oil.