Ghee Pumpkin Bread
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: Up to 90 minutes
Makes one to two loaves
- 2 cups organic flour of your choice (We love spelt. You can also do an almond flour/arrowroot flour mix for a Paleo version)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Ancient Organics Ghee, melted
- ½ cup Honey Pacifica Sage Honey*
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup*
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups boxed organic pumpkin pulp, (or bake your own pumpkin and scoop out the pulp!)
- ½ cup Tierra Farm Organic Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup Pure7 100% Cacao Bar, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup organic cranberries or raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease one (or two) loaf pans with ghee.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk melted ghee, honey, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, followed by the pumpkin and optional ingredients of walnuts, dark chocolate and cranberries.
- Pour into loaf pan(s).
- Cook for 80 to 90 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan.
- Enjoy with a dollop of ghee atop and your favorite warm beverage!
*Add more or less honey/maple syrup, depending on how sweet you and your loved ones enjoy your bread.