We've partnered with Ancient Organics to provide you with a ghee that's unlike any other you will find on the market today - with great care and consideration in our ingredient selection and preparation. You'll also discover an uncompromising commitment to quality combined with acute attention to detail that allows for a unique, hand-crafted ghee.
Many of the strict protocols for authenticity are integrated into our process:
- Grass fed and pasture raised in northern California: The native wildflowers and sweet grasses of the coastal prairie in northern California provide an ecosystem for our precious crops unlike any other part of America.
- Fresh: We produce each and every month to highlight the changes in pasture as reflected in the cows' diet.
- Open flame: Cooking over an open flame means our batches are small (mass produced ghee is made with steam in huge kettles).
- Churned butter: Churned butter is critical to authentic ghee. We work with the Straus Family Creamery, which operates two rare 1950's batch churns.
- Tradition: Honoring the tradition of artisan ghee, our ghee is produced in a peaceful and mantra-infused kitchen.
- Oh the moon!: It's our thought that the influence of the bright and waxing moon amplifies the elemental qualities and taste of ghee.*
Cooking with ghee
Ghee has a rich, slightly nutty, buttery flavor. The absence of milk solids and water in ghee make it completely shelf stable. Ghee also has one of the highest flash points (485 degrees Fahrenheit), which makes this butter oil the best choice for high temperature cooking.
You can cook with ghee just as you would any other traditionally used fat. Here are a few easy ideas:
- Make ghee your primary cooking fat for sautéing.
- Swap it for butter for spreading on special treats like muffins and crusty bread.
- Toss steamed veggies with ghee and sea salt.
- Use it in any recipe that calls for cooking oil.
- Use it instead of coconut oil for healthy baking.
Gain health benefits with ghee!
Ayurveda, the ancient medical science of India, recognizes ghee as an essential part of a balanced diet, and considers it to be the best fat one can eat.
Ghee is comprised of full spectrum short-, medium- and long-chain fatty acids, both unsaturated and saturated.* Ghee contains omega 3 and omega 9 essential fatty acids along with vitamins A, D, E and K.* And ghee made from organic butter of pastured cows is a natural source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), nine phenolic antioxidants, as well as numerous other minerals.*
Ghee has been used for centuries to support digestion, energy, sexual vitality, skin, eyes, joints and blood alkalinity.*
The purity of ghee allows for absorption and nourishment as it passes through the lipid membranes of cells.* Many herbal preparations use ghee as the carrier oil because of these characteristics.